Air Skates Rental
Air skates seem to move heavy loads on a cushion of air, offering 360 degrees of rotation when compared with traditional machine skates. They move by using a specially designed air caster that slowly and evenly releases a thin film of air that floats the object, which typically range between 50-90 psi. If unsure if this will work for your next project, call us and we’ll help you with your assessment. Typical system air requirements use between 60-525 scfm, at 25-50 psi.
- Low Profile – easy insertion under loads, typically without additional load jacking.
- Low Friction – less force required, as compared to conventional material handling products, for omnidirectional maneuverability in tight spaces.
- Damage – can circumvent floor or load damage. Floating your load on a cushion of air distributes the weight over a wider surface area, decreasing floor loading. In addition, vibration free movement for sensitive loads equates to less calibration.
- Flexibility – configures for multiple load footprints and varying weights.
- Vertical Lift – built-in, but minimal so the load to be moved is still low to the ground, requiring less space around the load during the move.
- Is the floor surface of reasonable quality?
- How many skids do you require, (4) or (6)?
- What capacity system do you need?
- Do you have the required amount of compressed air to run your system of choice?
- Do you require a jack to raise the load?
- Do you require a Griphoist or a winch to move the load?
- Will any slings or shackles be needed?
- Will any other equipment be required to ease or speed up the job?
Also Known As: Video: Moving 5000 lbs with One Hand